Many of these things are healthy to consume, while others are not – just make sure you brush and floss afterwards!
- Red wine is typically considered healthy for most adults in moderation, but can cause stains on your teeth.
- Coffee and tea are also mostly healthy – just monitor your intake if you are trying to keep your teeth bright!
- Blueberries, blackberries, cranberries, and other dark fruit: if it can stain a white shirt, it will probably stain your teeth! It will just stain more slowly, over time.
- Dark juices, like cranberry juice
- Dark soda
- Tobacco products are never a good idea – they are associated with all kinds of cancer, including oral cancer!
One trick to try as you enjoy beverages is to drink them through a straw so they don’t come into direct contact with the front surfaces of your teeth. This will help slow the staining process, keeping your teeth brighter for longer!
Product: Teeth Whitening Toothpaste
Just make sure to look for that ADA stamp of approval on the back! Brushing after every meal will help to keep your teeth whiter longer.
Is it time for your next dental visit? Call our office now to schedule an appointment!
CALL NOW – 509-536-8888
Photo Courtesy of Rupert Taylor Price via Flickr